Community Food Co-op
We are a member-owned natural grocer and have been supporting our local food system, feeding our local economy and modeling ethical business practices for over 45 years. Starting as a small buying club in 1969 we now have three locations and over 250 employees. We are successfully driven by a triple bottom line economic model that considers people, planet and profit in all decisions.
Our Vision: A just and livable world with cooperatively owned enterprise as a cornerstone of a sustainable economy.
Our Mission: Consumer owned grocery stores serving our community with quality products and honest information.
- Promote cooperative ownership by fostering owner involvement and responding to owner needs.
- Build community by respecting diversity and fostering connections within the Co-op and Whatcom County.
- Encourage informed choices by educating ourselves and our community around issues of food, healthy lifestyles, the environment, and human rights.
- Serve as a model for ethical business practices by promoting honesty, integrity and respect in the Co-op workplace and marketplace.
- Promote a sustainable economy by supporting organic and sustainable food production and other environmentally, and socially responsible businesses locally, regionally, and nationally.