- Cape Town
iAmp Africa provides you with a hands on opportunity to learn about impact investing and the businesses it supports while getting the experience of a lifetime in Africa’s Mother City, Cape Town. Over 8 weeks you will work with a local, early stage social entrepreneur through an intense Investment Readiness program led by our partner, Impact Amplifier, and a team of industry experts.One of the key challenges confronting social entrepreneurs in Africa is their ability to access the strategic support and funding they require to grow. iAmp Africa has been designed to support this challenge by providing these entrepreneurs with a financially accessible, structured, investment readiness program supported by high caliber university students and young professionals. This is a unique opportunity for both parties to gain practical experience while building solutions to the critical social and environmental issues facing the continent.
Week 1 – Orient Yourself
Learn the dynamics of living and working in Cape Town and where to have fun! Attend lectures and workshops providing insight into African social and environmental challenges, as well as impact investing on the continent.
Week 2 – Immerse Yourself
In teams of three, you will partner with a local, early stage business. Incorporating site visits, immersion into the business’s key challenges and how the Investment Readiness program will be applied.
Week 3-8 – Apply Yourself
Working alongside the social entrepreneur you will participate in a structured program which defines the business’s core value proposition, competitive advantage, target market, impact and financial models to get them ready for investment.
- A rich, practical experience in African social entrepreneurship and impact investing.
- An immersion into the core principles of venture capital with easily transferable knowledge and hands on experience in startup development and capital raising.
- Learn from a team of globally recognised, social enterprise acceleration experts.
- A cultural immersion into one of the most desirable tourist destination in the world.
- Build a global and local network.
Do you work for iAmp Africa? Become an administrator