1st, Floor Sayuuni Ccomple
Plot 328, Ntinda-Kisaasi Road
<img data-idealist-editor-upload-provider="uploadcare" data-idealist-editor-upload-uri="http://www.ucarecdn.com/f714c9d5-c61a-42f1-83af-d78c6207c042/" src="http://www.ucarecdn.com/137ef4f7-918b-43e4-8e15-22e490de201b/-/resize/775x/">
Fundi Bots is a non-profit education initiative which promotes improved, practical science education through the provision of robotics training in African Schools.Through our training; we help students understand the school curriculum better, we provide career training using modern tools and technologies and ultimately, enable students to be community changemakers in the community, using technology as tools for systemic change.
Check out a very cool video of our work here.
Our vision is to see improved - and equal - access to quality science
Our implementation model includes:
- On-site programs at schools (speaker and video presentations, study of everyday challenges solved with robotics)
- Hands-on robotics training
- Robotics Clubs
- Training for science teachers
- Fundi Spaces which serve as a geographical hub for outreach and program activities, space for non-enrolled youth to engage in program activities and provides additional opportunities for engagement to youth enrolled in a school-based program, and maker-spaces for community trainings, collaborative meeting, and product development sessions.
- Active relationship -building and collaborations with individuals and organizations in the public and private sectors, indigenous communities, and internationally.
Over the past two years, we've interacted with and trained over 2,500 students. We have a presence in more than 33 schools and are active in two major regions in Uganda.