Jewish Family Service of Somerset, Hunterdon & Warren Counties
Jewish Family Service of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren Counties is a not-for-profit, non-discriminatory social service agency whose purpose is to preserve and strengthen the quality of individual, family and community life based on Jewish values.
JFS utilizes experienced, qualified professional staff and volunteers in providing a range of programs and services to ALL in the county:
- Individual, marital, and family counseling-most insurances accepted
- Elderly Support Program-in the office or at the home of the elderly person
- Family Mentor Program-matches trained volunteers with vulnerable families seeking support in parenting, daily living, stress reduction
- Career Counseling-help with resumes, job finding, monthly support group for those seeking to obtain or change employment
- Family Life Education/Speaker's Bureau-Variety of topics, especially those dealing with prejudice, holocaust, cultural diversity
- Information and Referral
- Emergency Food-on a limited basis
JFS was founded in 1980 by a group of caring individuals who wanted to see a range of affordable social service options available for Somerset County families and individuals. The agency has grown over the years with support of the United Way, Jewish Federation, and the Counties' Board of Chosen Freeholders. All ages receive services.